Image © www.wikipedia.org
3 days ago the World Wide Web turned 16. A teenager that has seen a lot.
- Born on a NeXT machine at a time when that was Steve Jobs' next project.
- Living amongst particle physicists as a baby.
- Being pushed back and forth during her childhood when the Browser wars added new features instead of fixing bugs.
- Abused as an advertising print digital copy invisible table pixel trick layout medium for over 10 years now.
- Fortunately growing up from a pure marketing instrument to a CSS-based teen re-enabling user generated content labeled by TIm O'Reilly as Web 2.0
- Web 3.0 and Web4 on the horizon.
I fell in love with you when you were four.
Congratulations WWW - sorry I missed your birthday 3 days ago - IOU a lot, Kind Regards, Harald