Speaking of evolutions: I seem to never have embedded my Information Architecture 3 deck here: Information Architecture Concepts.
A loose collection of definitions, categorizations, outlines, and visualizations from the field as presented at the University of Applied Sciences/ Communication Design faculty and the Bavarian Academy for Advertising and Marketing between 2003 and 2008.
- The Information Architecture Institute definition of IA
- Christina Wodtke's question: What is IA?
- Dan Brown's design documentation deliverables
- Jesse James Garrett's elements of User Experience and nine pillars
- George Olsen's approaches to User Experience design
- Concepts by Tood Zaki Warfel, Olga Howard, Erin Malone, Jess McMullin
- Peter Morville's infamous circles and his usable, useful, accessible, findable, credible, desirable, and valuable honeycomb
Actually not pretty, but useful. And valuable ;) View the presentation!