Amir Dotan from LAB49 shares his experiences working as a user experience architect in the financial services industry in London. The presentation is the first publication ever I came across which is connecting UX/ IA with this particular business.
Why is the literature so rare? Amir Dotan:
- "Projects usually are confidential" and
- "Access to what competitors are doing is limited"
Seems plausible. His talk in 3 parts:
- "The job of a UX professional in the financial services industry"
- "The trading floor work environment and its impact on UX work"
- "Closing user experience design considerations"
Make sure to browse the whole deck! A few random thoughts for the fast lane:
- "Internal and external user groups are extraordinarily diverse"
- "Procedures and terminology are proprietary and dissimilar"
- "A complicated network of different legacy systems runs the trading environment"
- "Sometimes the killer app is a simple form, not a fancy UI and complex data visualization"
- "Advice #1: Start reading the Financial Times!"